The Regional Economic Development Association is sponsoring an essay competition for UTEP students to develop initiatives that support El Paso’s creative sector. The creative sector, including art, music, multimedia, and communications plays a large role in a city’s discourse and image. The creative sector is the driving force behind a city’s innovation and can make up a profitable and attractive industry.
Prompt: What does El Paso need as a city in order to sustain a thriving creative sector?
- Essay must be double spaced, 12-point Times New Roman font, with 1” margins.
- Essay length must be between 500-800 words. Only one submission per person allowed.
- Contest will be one winner.
- Due: November 27, 2009 at 11:59pm.
- Send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with full name, UTEP 800# and phone number.
- $75 VISA gift card.
- Will have opportunity to read essay at “Vote With Your Remote” event on December 3, 2009 at 6:00pm (optional).
Coming in a few days.
For more information about the event, check back in a few days.